Dr. Aistrup’s research lab focuses on the basis of cardiac arrhythmias – irregular heart beat rates. Cardiac arrhythmias can occur in both the lower (ventricles) and upper (atria) of the heart, and while ventricular arrhythmias pose greater risk to life as they can lead to sudden cardiac death, atrial arrhythmias – i.e., atrial fibrillation – are the most common and while not immediately life-threatening can lead to stroke and heart failure. These arrhythmias can arise by several means consequent to heart disease (e.g., heart failure), myocardial infarctions or genetic anomalies resulting in ion channelopathies (e.g., long or short QT syndromes, Brugada syndrome) and/or cardiomyopathies (hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, arrhythmogenic right ventricular dysplasia). Dr. Aistrup’s main line of cardiac arrhythmia investigation is on how atypical calcium signaling in cardiomyocytes (heart muscle cells) contributes to arrhythmogenesis. Calcium is key in cardiac excitation-contraction (E-C) coupling – the cellular/molecular processes that underlie the heartbeat – and therefore any perturbation to calcium handling will affect heart function.
Moreover, as cardiac E-C coupling must be dynamic to meet the bodies changing demands, it is vitally modulated by multiple cell-signaling systems such as the autonomic (‘fight-or-flight’ and ‘rest-and-digest’ responses) and renin-angiotensin (blood pressure regulation) G-protein coupled receptor (GPCR) systems. His laboratory engages in the study of proarrhythmic abnormalities in both core E-C coupling and its modulatory systems, particularly under conditions of or leading to heart failure, and employs multiple methodologies to do so – i.e., cellular and tissue-level electrophysiology and live subcellular calcium imaging, as well as various immunological and molecular biological assays. While much of Dr. Aistrup’s research relies on utilizing both small and large animal models, upon joining the Masonic Medical Research Institute (MMRI), his laboratory has recently begun to incorporate human induced pluripotent stem cell-derived cardiomyocytes (h_iPSC-CMs) into his research, specifically to utilize them in the characterization and potential correction of genetic mutation-induced cardiac arrhythmias.
The overall goal of Dr. Aistrup’s research to elucidate and precisely characterize aberrant cellular/molecular underpinnings of cardiac arrhythmogenesis is to provide the basis for not only improved but patient-specific anti-arrhythmic therapies.
Research Assistant Professor, Masonic Medical Research Institute
Email : , Phone : 315-624-7486
Dr. Aistrup began his research career working upon obtaining his PhD in biochemistry in the laboratories of Dr. Elias Michaelis, MD, PhD and Dr. Richard Schowen, PhD (Department of Chemistry) at the University of Kansas (title of dissertation: “Functional Reconstitution and Ion Channel Characterization of a NMDA/Glutamate Receptor in Planar Lipid Bilayers”). He went on to do a postdoctoral fellowship in the laboratory of Dr. Toshio Narahashi, PhD (Department of Molecular Pharmacology & Biological Chemistry) at Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, where he investigated the alcohol action on GABAA and neuronal nicotinic acetylcholine receptor-ion channels. In 2000, Dr. Aistrup did another short-term postdoc in the laboratory of Richard Morrisett, PhD (Department of Pharmacology & Toxicology) at the University of Texas, Austin, studying amino acid synaptic transmission before returning to Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine in 2001 as a Research Assistant Professor in the Department of Molecular Pharmacology & Biological Chemistry. His initial research focus at Northwestern was on alcohol modulation of L-type calcium channels, which he quickly expanding to encompass alcohol effects on cardiac E-C coupling upon establishing a very productive collaboration with Dr. J. Andrew Wasserstrom, PhD (Department of Medicine, Division of Cardiology). Dr. Wasserstrom and Dr. Alan Kadish, MD (Department of Medicine, Division of Cardiology, Director of Clinical Electrophysiology) soon thereafter in 2004 recruited Dr. Aistrup to the Feinberg Cardiovascular Research Institute where he continued his collaborations with Dr. Wasserstrom and turning his research focus to the study of abnormal calcium release events during cardiac. In 2006, Dr. Aistrup established another productive collaboration with physician-scientist, Dr. Rishi Arora, investigating autonomic and oxidative stress modulation of atrial E-C coupling and electrophysiology in large-animal models of heart failure and atrial fibrillation. These research endeavors resulted in Dr. Aistrup being investigators on multiple NIH-funded grant projects, and allowed his rise to the rank of Research Associate Professor at the Feinberg Cardiovascular Institute. In latter part of 2016, was recruited to the Masonic Medical Research Institute as a Principle Research Scientist by Dr. Jonathan Cordeiro, PhD (interim Research Director).
Dr. Aistrup earned a bachelor’s degree in Chemistry from Fort Hays State University, Hays KS, and obtained his PhD in Biology/Biochemistry under Dr. Elias Michaelis, MD, PhD and Dr. Richard Schowen, PhD at the University of Kansas, Lawrence KS. He did his postdoctoral training in molecular pharmacology and cellular electrophysiology with Toshio Narahashi, PhD at Northwestern University.
Why Masonic Medical Research Institute
A great opportunity to expand upon ongoing and develop new forward-looking biomedical research alongside newly recruited faculty and Director.
- Heart Rhythm Society
- American Physiological Society
- Biophysical Society
- Cardiac Electrophysiology Society
- American Heart Association
- Principle Scientist/Assistant Professor, Masonic Medical Research Institute (2016-2020)
- Research Associate Professor, Feinberg Cardiovascular Research Institute, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine (2014-2016)
- 1988 – BS, Chemistry Fort Hays State University
- 1994 – PhD, Biochemistry University of Kansas
Honors and Awards
- Royal Danish Academy of Science Annual Ion Channel Symposium Invited Speaker (2012, Copenhagen, Denmark)
- Research Society on Alcoholism Annual Scientific Meeting Invited Symposium Speaker (1999, Santa Barbara, CA)
- F32 Postdoctoral Fellowship Award (1996-1999) – “Ethanol on GABAA and Nicotinic Acetylcholine Receptor Intracellular Regulation”.
- Hughes, C. Conditional Cash Transfers and Migration: Reconciling Feminist Theoretical Approaches With the New Economics of Labor Migration. Demography. 2021;58 (1):383-391. doi: 10.1215/00703370-8928494. PubMed PMID:33834237 .
- Aylward, AF, Engelberg Anderson, J, Morris, A, Bush, M, Schmitthenner, B, Shams, RB et al.. Using malnutrition and food insecurity screening to identify broader health-related social needs amongst older adults receiving emergency department care in the Southeastern United States: A cross-sectional study. Health Soc Care Community. 2021; :. doi: 10.1111/hsc.13367. PubMed PMID:33825280 .
- Sheehan, SA, Hamilton, KL, Retzbach, EP, Balachandran, P, Krishnan, H, Leone, P et al.. Evidence that Maackia amurensis seed lectin (MASL) exerts pleiotropic actions on oral squamous cells with potential to inhibit SARS-CoV-2 infection and COVID-19 disease progression. Exp Cell Res. 2021; :112594. doi: 10.1016/j.yexcr.2021.112594. PubMed PMID:33823179 PubMed Central PMC8019238.
- Fletcher-Hildebrand, S, Alimezelli, H, Carr, T, Lawson, K, Ali, A, Groot, G et al.. Understanding the impact of a residential housing programme for people living with HIV/AIDS: a realist evaluation protocol. BMJ Open. 2021;11 (4):e044522. doi: 10.1136/bmjopen-2020-044522. PubMed PMID:33820789 .
- Noel, GJ, Nelson, RM, Bucci-Rechtweg, C, Portman, R, Miller, T, Green, DJ et al.. Inclusion of Adolescents in Adult Clinical Trials: Report of the Institute for Advanced Clinical Trials for Children's Pediatric Innovation Research Forum. Ther Innov Regul Sci. 2021; :. doi: 10.1007/s43441-021-00283-y. PubMed PMID:33811302 PubMed Central PMC8018511.
- Choi, L, Bowers, C, Liu, A, Pier, B, Levy, G. Elevated Serum Estradiol Levels Do Not Inhibit Implantation During Frozen Embryo Transfer Cycles. Reprod Sci. 2021; :. doi: 10.1007/s43032-021-00549-8. PubMed PMID:33797053 .
- Berry, AC, Gonnering, RS, Rodriguez, I, Zhang, Q, Berry, BB. Unfavorable hydroxychloroquine COVID-19 research associated with authors having a history of political party donations. Rev Cardiovasc Med. 2021;22 (1):191-198. doi: 10.31083/j.rcm.2021.01.262. PubMed PMID:33792262 .
- Lesser, K, Whittaker, GR. Vaccination for COVID-19: benchmarks in public health and virus transmission. Public Health. 2021; :. doi: 10.1016/j.puhe.2021.02.002. PubMed PMID:33771367 PubMed Central PMC7901497.
- Williamson, MR, Klug, MG, Schwartz, GG. Brain cancer incidence rates and the presence of nuclear reactors in US states: a hypothesis-generating study. Environ Geochem Health. 2021; :. doi: 10.1007/s10653-021-00896-0. PubMed PMID:33768349 .
- Arasi, S, Nurmatov, U, Dunn-Galvin, A, Daher, S, Roberts, G, Turner, PJ et al.. Consensus on DEfinition of Food Allergy SEverity (DEFASE) an integrated mixed methods systematic review. World Allergy Organ J. 2021;14 (3):100503. doi: 10.1016/j.waojou.2020.100503. PubMed PMID:33767801 PubMed Central PMC7966874.
- Lewis, GF, Carpentier, AC, Pereira, S, Hahn, M, Giacca, A. Direct and indirect control of hepatic glucose production by insulin. Cell Metab. 2021;33 (4):709-720. doi: 10.1016/j.cmet.2021.03.007. PubMed PMID:33765416 .
- O'Toole, RV, Stein, DM, Frey, KP, O'Hara, NN, Scharfstein, DO, Slobogean, GP et al.. PREVENTion of CLots in Orthopaedic Trauma (PREVENT CLOT): a randomised pragmatic trial protocol comparing aspirin versus low-molecular-weight heparin for blood clot prevention in orthopaedic trauma patients. BMJ Open. 2021;11 (3):e041845. doi: 10.1136/bmjopen-2020-041845. PubMed PMID:33762229 .
- Major Extremity Trauma Research Consortium (METRC), O'Toole, RV, Joshi, M, Carlini, AR, Murray, CK, Allen, LE et al.. Effect of Intrawound Vancomycin Powder in Operatively Treated High-risk Tibia Fractures: A Randomized Clinical Trial. JAMA Surg. 2021; :e207259. doi: 10.1001/jamasurg.2020.7259. PubMed PMID:33760010 .
- Medeiros, M, Love, TR, Slobogean, GP, Sprague, S, Perfetto, EM, O'Hara, NN et al.. Patient and stakeholder engagement learnings: PREP-IT as a case study. J Comp Eff Res. 2021;10 (6):439-442. doi: 10.2217/cer-2020-0266. PubMed PMID:33759556 .
- Rog, CJ, Lucas, G, Reiter, S, Vetto, S, Alassas, M, Ong, ES et al.. Optimal oncologic and perioperative outcomes of cytoreductive surgery with hyperthermic intraperitoneal chemotherapy are attainable at a community center. Am J Surg. 2021; :. doi: 10.1016/j.amjsurg.2021.03.031. PubMed PMID:33757661 .
- Gibson, GAP. Revision of the Old World genus Mesocomys Cameron (Hymenoptera: Eupelmidae). Zootaxa. 2021;4901 (1):zootaxa.4901.1.1. doi: 10.11646/zootaxa.4901.1.1. PubMed PMID:33757112 .
- Yerasi, C, Forrestal, BJ, Case, BC, Ben-Dor, I, Satler, LF, Rogers, T et al.. Usefulness of Antiplatelet Therapy After Transcatheter Aortic Valve Implantation. Am J Cardiol. 2021; :. doi: 10.1016/j.amjcard.2021.03.010. PubMed PMID:33753035 .
- Sirunyan, AM, Tumasyan, A, Adam, W, Ambrogi, F, Bergauer, T, Dragicevic, M et al.. Measurements of production cross sections and constraints on anomalous triple gauge couplings at . Eur Phys J C Part Fields. 2021;81 (3):200. doi: 10.1140/epjc/s10052-020-08817-8. PubMed PMID:33750993 PubMed Central PMC7921081.
- MacDonald, DM, Collins, G, Wendt, CH, Wolfson, J, Tracy, RP, Rhame, F et al.. A pilot study of the effects of losartan vs. placebo on pneumoproteins in HIV: A secondary analysis of a randomized, double blind, study. AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses. 2021; :. doi: 10.1089/AID.2020.0285. PubMed PMID:33749317 .
- Walz, LA, Cutri, AM, Torres, FA, Riquelme, CC, Gatto Bellora, V, Ferrero, FC et al.. Awareness of the right to Argentine Sign Language interpretation services among pediatricians practicing in the Autonomous City of Buenos Aires. Arch Argent Pediatr. 2021;119 (2):123-128. doi: 10.5546/aap.2021.eng.123. PubMed PMID:33749198 .
- Desmond, DS, Saltymakova, D, Smith, A, Wolfe, T, Snyder, N, Polcwiartek, K et al.. Photooxidation and biodegradation potential of a light crude oil in first-year sea ice. Mar Pollut Bull. 2021;165 :112154. doi: 10.1016/j.marpolbul.2021.112154. PubMed PMID:33735684 .
- Hall, W, Chan, G. The "gateway" effect of e-cigarettes may be explained by a genetic liability to risk-taking. PLoS Med. 2021;18 (3):e1003554. doi: 10.1371/journal.pmed.1003554. PubMed PMID:33735167 PubMed Central PMC7971461.
- Yu, L, Wei, Y, Duan, J, Schmitz, DA, Sakurai, M, Wang, L et al.. Blastocyst-like structures generated from human pluripotent stem cells. Nature. 2021;591 (7851):620-626. doi: 10.1038/s41586-021-03356-y. PubMed PMID:33731924 .
- Cinzia, B, Flavia, B, Gary, I, Renato, M, Lorenzo, M. Therapeutic efficacy of 3,4-Diaminopyridine phosphate on neuromuscular junction in Pompe disease. Biomed Pharmacother. 2021;137 :111357. doi: 10.1016/j.biopha.2021.111357. PubMed PMID:33724918 .
- Carter-Templeton, H, Templeton, GF, Nicoll, LH, Maxie, L, Kittle, TS, Jasko, SA et al.. Associations between weather-related data and influenza reports: A pilot study and related policy implications. Appl Nurs Res. 2021; :151413. doi: 10.1016/j.apnr.2021.151413. PubMed PMID:33722496 .
- Giannouchos, TV, Gary, JC, Anyatonwu, S, Kum, HC. Emergency Department Utilization by Adolescents Experiencing Homelessness in Massachusetts. Med Care. 2021;59 (Suppl 2):S187-S194. doi: 10.1097/MLR.0000000000001436. PubMed PMID:33710094 .
- Nguyen, C, Toubia, I, Diring, S, Hadj-Kaddour, K, Gary-Bobo, M, Kobeissi, M et al.. Synergetic anticancer activity of gold porphyrin appended to phenyl tin malonate organometallic complexes. Dalton Trans. 2021;50 (13):4583-4592. doi: 10.1039/d0dt03792c. PubMed PMID:33705511 .
- Court, R, Centner, CM, Chirehwa, M, Wiesner, L, Denti, P, de Vries, N et al.. Neuropsychiatric toxicity and cycloserine concentrations during treatment for multidrug-resistant tuberculosis. Int J Infect Dis. 2021;105 :688-694. doi: 10.1016/j.ijid.2021.03.001. PubMed PMID:33684562 .
- Nguyen, BN, Kolbe, SC, Verghese, A, Nearchou, C, McKendrick, AM, Egan, GF et al.. Visual search efficiency and functional visual cortical size in children with and without dyslexia. Neuropsychologia. 2021;155 :107819. doi: 10.1016/j.neuropsychologia.2021.107819. PubMed PMID:33684399 .
- Markose, G, Berezowski, BM, Chiu, GA, Cousin, GCS. Situational awareness in driving, and lessons for surgeons. Br J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2020; :. doi: 10.1016/j.bjoms.2020.11.003. PubMed PMID:33678449 .
- Richards, GP, Watson, MA, Madison, D, Soffer, N, Needleman, DS, Soroka, DS et al.. Bacteriophages against Vibrio coralliilyticus and Vibrio tubiashii: Isolation, Characterization and Remediation of Larval Oyster Mortalities. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2021; :. doi: 10.1128/AEM.00008-21. PubMed PMID:33674441 .
- Marchant, GE. Global Governance of Human Genome Editing: What Are the Rules?. Annu Rev Genomics Hum Genet. 2021; :. doi: 10.1146/annurev-genom-111320-091930. PubMed PMID:33667117 .
- Gruebele, M, Pielak, GJ. Dynamical spectroscopy and microscopy of proteins in cells. Curr Opin Struct Biol. 2021;70 :1-7. doi: 10.1016/j.sbi.2021.02.001. PubMed PMID:33662744 .
- Djulbegovic, B, Hozo, I, Li, SA, Razavi, M, Cuker, A, Guyatt, G et al.. Certainty of evidence and intervention's benefits and harms are key determinants of guidelines' recommendations. J Clin Epidemiol. 2021;136 :1-9. doi: 10.1016/j.jclinepi.2021.02.025. PubMed PMID:33662511 .
- Cochran, L, Hill, S, Lotti, U, Allenspach, K, Palma, D, Forman, M et al.. Clinical characteristics and long-term outcome of E. coli-associated granulomatous ileocolitis in dogs: five cases (2010-2014). J Small Anim Pract. 2021; :. doi: 10.1111/jsap.13313. PubMed PMID:33660270 .
- Zhang, YW, Uchendu, S, Leone, V, Bradshaw, RT, Sangwa, N, Forrest, LR et al.. Chloride-dependent conformational changes in the GlyT1 glycine transporter. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2021;118 (10):. doi: 10.1073/pnas.2017431118. PubMed PMID:33658361 PubMed Central PMC7958241.
- Darricarrère, N, Qiu, Y, Kanekiyo, M, Creanga, A, Gillespie, RA, Moin, SM et al.. Broad neutralization of H1 and H3 viruses by adjuvanted influenza HA stem vaccines in nonhuman primates. Sci Transl Med. 2021;13 (583):. doi: 10.1126/scitranslmed.abe5449. PubMed PMID:33658355 .
- Stevens, LF, Ketchum, JM, Sander, AM, Callender, L, Dillahunt-Aspillaga, C, Dreer, LE et al.. Race/Ethnicity and Community Participation Among Veterans and Service Members With Traumatic Brain Injury: A VA Traumatic Brain Injury Model Systems Study. J Head Trauma Rehabil. 2021; :. doi: 10.1097/HTR.0000000000000657. PubMed PMID:33656479 .
- Kaps, B, Chen, HA, Kopf, GS, Encandela, J. Perspectives on the Effectiveness of a Medical Futility Policy. J Clin Ethics. 2021;32 (1):48-60. . PubMed PMID:33656456 .
- Sprague, S, Guyatt, P, Bzovsky, S, Nguyen, U, Bhandari, M, Thabane, L et al.. Pragmatic randomized trial evaluating pre-operative aqueous antiseptic skin solution in open fractures (Aqueous-PREP): the feasibility of a cluster randomized crossover study. Pilot Feasibility Stud. 2021;7 (1):61. doi: 10.1186/s40814-021-00800-8. PubMed PMID:33648577 PubMed Central PMC7919062.
- Karwi, QG, Lopaschuk, GD. Rebuttal from Gary D. Lopaschuk and Qutuba G. Karwi. J Physiol. 2021; :. doi: 10.1113/JP281452. PubMed PMID:33644872 .
- Gorman, LM, Judge, SJ, Harris, JB, Caldwell, GS. Lesser weever fish (Echiichthys vipera Cuvier, 1829) venom is cardiotoxic but not haemorrhagic. Toxicon. 2021;194 :63-69. doi: 10.1016/j.toxicon.2021.02.002. PubMed PMID:33631138 .
- Yu, C, Deng, Y, Wu, M, Peng, G, Li, G. First report of Leptosphaeria biglobosa 'brassicae' causing Black Leg on Brassica rapa subsp. pekinensis in China. Plant Dis. 2021; :. doi: 10.1094/PDIS-09-20-1938-PDN. PubMed PMID:33630691 .
- Crotty, TJ, Corbett, M, Gary, S, Davey, MG, Hughes, JP, Keogh, IJ et al.. The psychological impact of COVID-19 on ear, nose and throat (ENT) specialists. Ir J Med Sci. 2021; :. doi: 10.1007/s11845-021-02569-4. PubMed PMID:33629269 PubMed Central PMC7904390.
- Tinawi, M. Pathophysiology, Evaluation, and Management of Metabolic Alkalosis. Cureus. 2021;13 (1):e12841. doi: 10.7759/cureus.12841. PubMed PMID:33628696 PubMed Central PMC7896805.
- Zhai, C, Liu, X, Song, T, Yu, F, Peng, G. Genome-wide transcriptome reveals mechanisms underlying Rlm1-mediated blackleg resistance on canola. Sci Rep. 2021;11 (1):4407. doi: 10.1038/s41598-021-83267-0. PubMed PMID:33623070 PubMed Central PMC7902848.
- Ierardi, AM, Urban, A, Marsh, GM. A quantitative weight of evidence assessment of Hill's guidelines for causal inference for cosmetic talc as a cause of mesothelioma. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2021;417 :115461. doi: 10.1016/j.taap.2021.115461. PubMed PMID:33617892 .
- Jean-Baptiste, SR, Feigenberg, SJ, Dorsey, JF, Kao, GD. Personal and Prognostic: Tissue and Liquid Biomarkers of Radiotherapeutic Response in Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer. Semin Radiat Oncol. 2021;31 (2):149-154. doi: 10.1016/j.semradonc.2020.11.002. PubMed PMID:33610272 .
- Silbernagel, G, Scharnagl, H, Kleber, ME, Hoffmann, MM, Delgado, GE, Stojakovic, T et al.. J-shaped association between circulating apoC-III and cardiovascular mortality. Eur J Prev Cardiol. 2021; :. doi: 10.1093/eurjpc/zwaa169. PubMed PMID:33609030 .
- Novack, GD. What is an adequate and well controlled study?. Ocul Surf. 2021; :. doi: 10.1016/j.jtos.2021.02.003. PubMed PMID:33607322 .
- Pogorzelski, D, Nguyen, U, McKay, P, Thabane, L, Camara, M, Ramsey, L et al.. Managing work flow in high enrolling trials: The development and implementation of a sampling strategy in the PREPARE trial. Contemp Clin Trials Commun. 2021;21 :100730. doi: 10.1016/j.conctc.2021.100730. PubMed PMID:33605946 PubMed Central PMC7873628.
- Noel, GJ, DeBiasi, RL, Crandall, W, Connor, EM. Ensuring continued progress for development of COVID-19 therapeutics in children. Pediatr Res. 2021; :. doi: 10.1038/s41390-021-01384-y. PubMed PMID:33603214 PubMed Central PMC7891471.
- Yola, IM, Oh, A, Mitchell, GF, O'Connor, G, Cheng, S, Vasan, RS et al.. Association of lung diffusion capacity with cardiac remodeling and risk of heart failure: The Framingham heart study. PLoS One. 2021;16 (2):e0246355. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0246355. PubMed PMID:33592021 PubMed Central PMC7886141.
- Bishop, JM. Artificial Intelligence Is Stupid and Causal Reasoning Will Not Fix It. Front Psychol. 2020;11 :513474. doi: 10.3389/fpsyg.2020.513474. PubMed PMID:33584394 PubMed Central PMC7874145.
- Renzoni, AJ, Peksa, GD, DeMott, JM. Emergency department methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus nare screen effect on pneumonia treatment duration. Am J Emerg Med. 2021;44 :68-71. doi: 10.1016/j.ajem.2021.01.066. PubMed PMID:33581603 .
- Kamp, HD, Swanson, KA, Wei, RR, Dhal, PK, Dharanipragada, R, Kern, A et al.. Design of a broadly reactive Lyme disease vaccine. NPJ Vaccines. 2020;5 (1):33. doi: 10.1038/s41541-020-0183-8. PubMed PMID:33580078 .
- Whitlock, GG, McOwan, A, Nugent, D, Dean Street Collaborative Group. Gonorrhoea during COVID-19 in London, UK. Sex Transm Infect. 2021; :. doi: 10.1136/sextrans-2020-054943. PubMed PMID:33574133 .
- Xiao, T, Li, X, Felsenfeld, G. The Myc-associated zinc finger protein (MAZ) works together with CTCF to control cohesin positioning and genome organization. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2021;118 (7):. doi: 10.1073/pnas.2023127118. PubMed PMID:33558242 PubMed Central PMC7896315.
- Weinrauch, AM, Hoogenboom, JL, Anderson, WG. A review of reductionist methods in fish gastrointestinal tract physiology. Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol. 2021;254 :110571. doi: 10.1016/j.cbpb.2021.110571. PubMed PMID:33556622 .