The Masonic Medical Research Institute (MMRI) offers a wide variety of mentoring programs designed to help students achieve their academic potential.
Many students are interested in holding an unpaid internship or to be mentored by within laboratory. All of our programs are completely voluntary, and students are usually referred by parents, counselors, or teachers. The program shows them how real-world science is conducted and what kinds of careers they could pursue in the field.
Each mentorship begins with an orientation at the lab, where students meet the Magnet Lab researchers who will be their mentors. For the rest of the semester, students spend every Friday morning in a laboratory setting working on a science project. The 10-week experience culminates in a public presentation of their research attended by lab scientists and researchers, teachers, parents and the general public.
1. Click here for BOCES Regional Program for Excellence
2. Click here for BOCES Shadowing Program
3. Click here for BOCES Professional Horizons Program
4. Click here for Young Scholars Program
5. Click here for Mohawk Valley Young Engineers